Remember when Kim Possible was on Lilo and Stitch?
Or How about when The Proud Family decided to visit?
Or when those fucking kids from Recess came over to Hawaii
Lilo was a popular little bitch.
the conflicting art styles are making me uncomfortable…
THE TOP 30 THINGS THAT ALL HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMEN SHOULD KNOW
1. You will experience loss.
2. Sometimes your childhood friends turn out to be bad people.
3. Being kind is infinitely more important than being cool.
4. You will be forgotten.
5. Always turn in your homework on time.
6. Respect your teachers and they will respect you in return.
7. If someone doesn’t treat you well, leave them.
8. You will make mistakes that can’t be fixed.
9. It’s okay to experiment with alcohol and drugs, but be safe.
10. Forgive yourself.
11. ‘No’ is a good word to learn how to use.
12. If you’re having trouble, ask for help.
13. Sleep well every night.
14. Remember that a C is passing.
15. A test score is not a reflection on you as a person.
16. This all ends.
17. It’s better to have a few good friends than a lot of bad ones.
18. Don’t verbally or physically bully anyone ever.
19. Adults don’t always understand how hard high school is.
20. Volunteer time to a meaningful cause when you can.
21. Everything in moderation.
22. You can take a day off every once in a while.
23. Remember to still do things you enjoy with people you like.
24. Everyone gets acne.
25. Don’t date the same person twice.
26. Be honest with your friends.
27. Pencils on the ground in the hallways are fair game.
28. Have good posture while sitting or your back will be fucked for life.
29. You will grow in the most uncomfortable ways.
30. You are always your first priority. Be kind to yourself. Remember that you are worthy of everything."
In school they teach you
how to multiply 9x8
make you read Macbeth
and have you memorize the first 10 amendments to the constitution.
But they don’t teach you how to
stop loving someone who has
stopped loving you
or how to deal with losing
a friend to an unsaid goodbye
and a relative to a cancer that ate
away their brain.
At home I learned
from my father that
alcohol can make as many problems
as it solves
but damn does it feel good
to let my throat burn instead of my heart
and to tune out the problems in my head
that I just couldn’t solve.
Because life isn’t 9x8
and it isn’t the way authors describe
their characters in a story.
It’s those nights you lay awake
wishing things could be different
and it’s the next day when you realize they can’t
and then it’s how you pick yourself up
after being down for so long.
— what have you learned? (via barbieandken)